Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

Panic Attacks and pain in upper side of my back?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
I had a panic attack at work and then I had pain in my upper right side of my back. When I laugh or even cough it hurts and even taking a deep breath. What is wrong?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2011
Panic Attacks Answer A21530
Hello.

Increased pain on taking a deep breath and coughing and absence of any respiratory illness or infection suggest a musculo-skeletal cause. You may have had a muscle cramp during or after the panic attack. Also, the panic attack may not have been directly related to the cramp. However, to be sure, you can consult your GP to rule out any other cause.

Hope this helps.

Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD

(This post is for the purpose of providing medical information and is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a doctor. This post is not intended to give or rule out a diagnosis, create a doctor-patient relationship or replace an existing one. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please consult with your doctor or a qualified healthcare provider for diagnosis and treatment options)

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Panic Attacks , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.