Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

Panic Attacks--Amphetamines?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
I have really bad ADHD and am diagnosed with that from my psychiatrist. I also have a lot of symptoms of ADD as well and am a person that is a combined type I believe. I feel the ADHD is more noticeable most of the times that I can 'notice' but I also feel ADD is very problematic. Anyhow, I know a lot of stimulants can worsen anxiety but mine seems to be really bad lately. I am tremulous a lot with my hands shaking and my heart races sometimes. I feel quite nauseated and sick to my stomach and have bad headaches. I didn't get this with Methylphenidate medicines. I am also taking Zoloft right now at 50 mg and I did prefer 100 mg over the 50 I am on now.

Is there something I could take to help with this feeling of nervousness and anxiety possibly provoked by the ADHD medicine I am on? I am taking a relatively small dose of Vyvanse right now after having tried that, Adderall, Straterra, Ritalin, and Concerta. Ritalin was by far my favorite although I hated taking so many doses but I do quite well on the short acting medicines. I did 'okay' on Adderall short acting tablets although I had atrocious fatigue for some reason.

Is it possible to take Ritalin more than 3 times a day? Will this provoke my anxiety as much as Vyvanse? I am having a hard time with all this. My doctor is very flexible though and is willing to help me in any way he can. I took Ritalin 10mg 3x/Day and liked it a lot but I was wondering if maybe I could go back and try a higher dose?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Tags: Anxiety
Quick Reply