Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

Panic Attack or Diabetes?

Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
A year ago I had been smoking marijuana with a friend of mine which we did every night for about 2 years it was nothing out of the ordinary for us. One night we were smoking and I felt really weird, I got really panicky and really shaky. My first thought was that it was laced or something, and that my friend didn't tell me. He told me to lay down and I'd feel better, but I just felt like I should go to the hospital because I kept saying "I feel like I'm gonna have a seizure" even though I've never had one, and have no idea what a seizure feels like if anything. I went to the E.R. and they said there was nothing in the weed, and they gave me Ativan to calm me down. They said what I was experiencing was a 'panic attack'. After spending some time there I went back home. Off and on I would have that same feeling again...and sometimes I would have to rock back and forth because I felt like I was gonna pass out even though I never have. I've been to the E.R. several times now having my brain checked, a halter (Heart) monitor and they still say I'm perfectly healthy. It's caused me to stop doing things like going places because I'm afraid I'll have one of these so called 'panic attacks'. Every once in a while I'll have one but I just tell myself it's a panic attack and it goes away after 3 or 4 minutes. Yesterday I was walking to get some food across the street, when all the sudden it felt like I'd been hit by a ton of bricks...my face felt really hot as if all the blood drained out of my face and I immediately started shaking and my heart started rapidly beating (as it did before with the 'panic attacks') I just kept breathing and telling myself "its ok it'll pass" and eventually it did. My question is, is it possible I have diabetes? I think that since when I was at the E.R. and they didn't give me any food or sugar or anything that I would've continued to get worse and not have been able to leave the hospital, and instead after they gave me ativan I was fine to leave. I haven't smoked weed, had a drop of alcohol, or even a Soda since my first 'panic attack' and it seems like it's holding me back from doing things I want in life. People comment sometimes on how much I eat (I'm a 22 year old male) I don't drink excessive amounts of fluids and sometimes I'm dizzy but I think its from the "stress" which can cause vertigo. Would the signs of diabetes be extreme in my face to where I would HAVE to be checked out? Or am I just being paranoid because I'm having panic attacks? Thanks for your time! Smile Sorry about the long story.
Did you find this post helpful?
|