Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Pancreas stomach pain

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I have been seen by 3 differnent GI's. have problems with my pancreas. severe pain and living on oxycodone for the pain. the nerve blocked my pancreas, now no pain. but recently I have been have stomach pains again, not on the pancreas side, just all over. It hurts when I sit and lean over. I have been having sharp pains on the left side so much it takes my breath away and I hols my breath. Lots of bowls sounds ad stomach gurgling and I pass gas lots and sometimes it is painful. I also have ulceative colitis (which has cleared up??????) I am only taking enzimes and heartburn medicine. I am not sure if I should contact the GI's again, or just let it pass. It has been going on for 2 weeks now.My stomach is more bloated than normal and I am a office admin. So I sit most of the day. Any help would be greatly welcomed..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2011
Hello, and thanks for your medical question on E Health Forum.

From the history provided it seems that you have severe issues including ulcerative colitis, and pancreatitis. This might be the cause of your bloating, due to altered digestion and accumulation of intestinal gas. Symptomatic treatment and a few measures will be helpful to relieve your symptoms.

Stomach or intestinal gas is a byproduct generated during the process of digestion. It is generally expelled from the body, either through the mouth (called belching or burping) or through the rectum (flatulence or flatus). The flatus if smells bad, is due to fermentation process of the colon contents, which generates sulphur gases, which produces that foul odor.

The best way to prevent this condition is via dietary and lifestyle changes.

1. Eat slowly by chewing the foods properly. This reduces the amount of air ingested while eating & also facilitates carbohydrate digestion.

2. Pay attention to the kind of food you have been eating lately. This would help identify specific foods that cause bad stomach gas and then cut down its consumption.

3. In addition to the above methods, Activated charcoal, probiotics and digestive enzyme supplements can be used for intestinal or stomach gas relief. Activated charcoal tablets have the best effect in relieving your symptoms.

Usually, dietary and lifestyle changes would help you to get rid of gas problems.

But, if the problem persists for a long time, you may consider to consult your physician for an examination.

I hope this helps.

|

replied February 6th, 2011
HI, THANKS FOR THE REPLY, I have been seen my a naturopth and he has found that I have round worms...after some treatment, I agree with him, by looking at the stool. I am still on his treatment and being treated for more issues too. So much more to have to deal with, but I am feeling better, thanks
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.