Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Pale-colored stools

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
For the last 1 or 2 weeks I've had this blunt pain in my lower abdomen (usually on the right side, but it's been in the left before) and sometimes in my back, but I didn't think much about it until recently. It just comes out of nowhere, and I thought it might appendicitis at first, but my dad has a biology degree and said appendicitis is more painful than what I described.

I couldn't figure out what was causing it, but about an hour ago I got on the toilet, and looked at what I left in there. I thought it was a lot paler than normal, but the last one I had was like it should be. I told dad, and he thinks it might be my gallbladder and that he'll book a doctor's appointment if it persists. But I'm kind of worried because I don't know just how severe this is.

Does this seem like something I could live with until I can see a doctor, which might be about a week or two? This is all I've seen happen so far, I'm not showing any other symptoms.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 24th, 2009
I'm no Dr. but I do know that light colored stools are a sign of a liver problem. I don't mean to scare you, vut it could be serious. Please contact a Dr.
|

replied September 28th, 2009
well ur problem is a different one i ve ever noticed in my practice,it is something to do wid gall bladder,for this i suggest u to get ur liver function tests,an ultrasonography abdomen and stool routine examination,it is not at all appendicitis because if it was appendicitis u wud not have survived till now,go get these basic investigations done.
|

replied December 7th, 2012
Right side pain
Hello i have been having serious sharp and dull or burning ache under my ribcage right side also right side mid back same area. I have been to the ER 8x 3 full blood work ups, 4 urnialysis, lower cat scan wo contrast, ER ultrasound, 2 chest xrays. Conclusion was blockage large intestine, diverticulosis, kidney function slightly low and dehydrated.
Now i will tell you all my symtpoms, Pain under right ribcage and same spot in my back right side,light colored floating stool, Pressure, sharp pains ,spasms in right side, constant dull ache, pain pressure in head and right eye ,spasms in right eye, weight loss, light colored loose stools, testicle ache on and off, urination pressure not pain, fatigue, increased appetite, swollen gland right side of neck, sinus swelling and pain, pain under right shoulder blade, some sharp pains in lower abdomen, sometime dull ache below sternum, at night its much worse, and if i eat a full meal. Today i ate meatballs and right away started to hurt and spasms started , Any energy drinks or pain meds start the pain right away,I have been taking tramadol for a little under 10 years ever since a few surgeries on shoulder and just quit smoking but smoked 10 yrs about. I have an app next week with primary care Dr but by the time i get diagnosed it may be too late if its serious PLZ ANY GUIDANCE? THANK YOU
|

replied December 7th, 2012
Right side pain
Hello i have been having serious sharp and dull or burning ache under my ribcage right side also right side mid back same area. I have been to the ER 8x 3 full blood work ups, 4 urnialysis, lower cat scan wo contrast, ER ultrasound, 2 chest xrays. Conclusion was blockage large intestine, diverticulosis, kidney function slightly low and dehydrated.
Now i will tell you all my symtpoms, Pain under right ribcage and same spot in my back right side,light colored floating stool, Pressure, sharp pains ,spasms in right side, constant dull ache, pain pressure in head and right eye ,spasms in right eye, weight loss, light colored loose stools, testicle ache on and off, urination pressure not pain, fatigue, increased appetite, swollen gland right side of neck, sinus swelling and pain, pain under right shoulder blade, some sharp pains in lower abdomen, sometime dull ache below sternum, at night its much worse, and if i eat a full meal. Today i ate meatballs and right away started to hurt and spasms started , Any energy drinks or pain meds start the pain right away,I have been taking tramadol for a little under 10 years ever since a few surgeries on shoulder and just quit smoking but smoked 10 yrs about. I have an app next week with primary care Dr but by the time i get diagnosed it may be too late if its serious PLZ ANY GUIDANCE? THANK YOU
|