Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Pains under my right rib cage which could be gall bladder

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
User Profile
I have pains under my right hand side rib cage and sometimes the pain stops me in my track and breathing in hurts it as well , also I get very bad indigestion and can\\\\\\\'t do anything when I get this. My stomach fells like its always upset and seem to be working all the time . Would you say that this is my gallbladder , after reading the things in some of the reports it would make sence .

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2013
Gallbladder Disease Answer A42309
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Pain under the rib cage along with stomach issues could be due to:
1.Gall bladder disease- can be stones or cholecystitis. An examination by ultrasound scan will help in diagnosis.

2.Myositis or muscle pull due to overuse of muscles. Mild antiinflammatory drugs and hot fomentation will help you. This possibility seems less as it might not present with indigestion.

3.Bloating due to excessive gas, GERD.

4.Pancreatitis: may be accompanied with nausea and vomiting. Pancreatic enzymes must be investigated.

If symptoms are persistent consider visiting a Physician for evaluation.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.