Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Pains in right side of head

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Over the last few years, for as long as I can remember I have got mild pains in my head when I strained too much, or shook something really hard. Lately I have been getting the occassional severe shooting pain in the right side of my head, it only lasts a few seconds,but really hurts. Sometimes I can have no pain, but today and a couple of days last weekend, I have a constant headache in the right side of my head only, there are no shooting pains now, but I had a couple earlier.

I have no idea what is causing this and am so worried! Sad My sister died of a brain tumour a few years ago and I am so scared I have the same thing!! I have a doctors appointment next Tuesday and did make one a couple of weeks back, but cancelled as the pain went away. Wish I had gone now. Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2009
Shooting pains in right side of head
I get these sometimes too on the right side on my head, it also concerns me because I don't normally get headaches but every now and then these types of pains in the right side will occur. Sometimes they are pretty strong too.
I wonder what that means? Kathy
|

replied May 22nd, 2009
Hi Kathy,

Maybe you should go to the docs too?

Take care,

Sally
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2009
Shooting pains in head
Thanks Sally for responding. I don't have any history of brain tumors, etc. in my family but I just went to the doctor yesterday for something else and at the time, my head wasn't hurting so I didn't think to ask her about that. My chest was hurting, left side and can be very painful..has something to do with inflammation, got the name of it written down but can't find it but I am on an anti-inflammatory medication at the present. Seems like something jumps on you as you get older as my 83 yr. old mom always says.
|

replied May 22nd, 2009
Hope you get some medication/treatment for your inflammation and pain...Can't be very nice! Sad

My head isn't hurting right now, as I have taken some pain killers. It feels so nice not to be in pain and worrying!
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2009
Shooting pains in head
I am on medication for the inflammation in my chest and I am feeling better, thank goodness!
It was awful, the pain..I was doubled over trying to walk down the hall recently and I'm
only 55 yrs. old! Glad your head isn't hurting, go meds!!..now if I could just get a neck and shoulder massage from spending too much time on my computer, hee hee! Have a good weekend!
|

replied September 27th, 2009
Any update on your condition?
|