Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Pains in right side of head, neck and shoulders

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
Since about a month ago I started getting headaches. Its like someone is gripping my head head and pushing it! My doctor told me I had a bad cold and sinus were playing up, was given antiboicits and it went away. Now its back and it's sore. I get the pain all over, but mostly at the sides of head, going down the back of head and into the neck. Sometimes I feel sick and dizzy, but they passes. I am waiting for a scan to have a look but does anyone esle have this? It's such a pain!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2010
Can anyone help me? Any advice would be good.
|

replied May 7th, 2010
i suffer with head aches similiar to this i''ve had ct scans and x rays all of which say i''m ''normal'' i get a tight neck and shoulder which then causes a throbbing in my head (on the same side of my tightend neck and shoulder) my face then feels numb and it spreads sown my arm. this alternates between 75% on my right and the remainin on my left, doctors cant do anything but i''m currently using acupuncture, (i''m on my 9th session) and slowly they are improving i used to get thes 5 times a week or more now i only get them maybe twice or less x
|

User Profile
replied May 7th, 2010
Thanks for the post! I am still waiting on the scan. What is going on with me is the same as you. It's not nice to feel this way but it comes and goes. I know I got to wait for the scan but I want it to go away.
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2010
I got the date for the scan. Its on May 17th. I am glad that soon they can check whats causing this headache.
|

replied August 26th, 2010
headaches
I've also started to get this but mainly in my head the right hand side its like someone/thing is grabbing it very hard to explain but not nice at all everytime it happens i scream with the pain, did your scan show anything?
|