Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

pains(cramps) and diarrhea for 3 weeks..

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
i\'ve had stomach pains(cramps) and diarrhea for 3 weeks.. i can still eat and don\'t feel tired or flu sick other than the above mentioned. what is wrong with me

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2011
Digestive and Bowel Disorders Answer A29397
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out.

Chronic diarrhea can be due to parasitic infestations. Other causes are irritable bowel syndrome, celiac disease, crohn’s disease, malabsorption syndromes, pancreatic diseases, diabetes, hyperthyroidism etc.

In your case, it is important to rule out any parasitic infestations for which i suggest you to get a stool examination done.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.