Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Painless recurring blister on throat

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
For some months I have felt a tiny (3mm) blister form and disappear on the back of my throat. The blister is white in appearance, does not appear to contain pus or anything other than a watery liquid and is not painful, merely irritating. The strange thing is that, whether left alone or scratched off, the blister always seems to reappear within a week or two, in exactly the same size and location.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this could be and what, if anything, I should do about it?

Thanks for your time and help,
Andrew
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 13th, 2009
Hi. I was just searching the same exact problem and wondered if you were still experiencing this.

Thanks!
|

replied April 23rd, 2009
No help
Nope, still nothing. I haven't had felt the blister for a few months though so hopefully it goes away.
|

replied November 10th, 2009
throat blister
I get them too!!! I cant find anything on it!
|

replied November 18th, 2011
Recurring Painless Blister in Throat
Okay - this is really weird. I'm getting the same thing, now.... every Friday for the past 4 or 5 weeks. The blister is on my soft palate, way towards the back, about an inch to the left of the uvula. It feels like I've got a piece of food stuck in my throat. I am as healthy as a horse, and don't smoke, and nothing has changed recently except that I am suffering from a slight case of iron-deficiency anemia. I've also noticed, for just about the same length of time, that I'm having leg cramps... mostly in my right foot and calf....

Are the rest of you still experiencing this phenomena, and are any of you suffering from anemia?
|

replied December 10th, 2011
Blister in throat by uvula
OMG!!! I am online searching the same thing. It started about 3 months ago. If I eat something scratchy like a bagel or hot in temp or spicy it seems to kick it up. Mine is always in the same spot, just to the left of my uvula. Mostly just 1 spot. I scratched it off last night, but it's back...very annoying.
Went to ENT and he looked at me like I was nuts. Not sure what we are all experiencing?? It's a mystery. Mine will go away for a day or two & I think, Oh it's gone, but then it appears.
|

replied November 20th, 2011
fluid-filled, non-painful, small bumps in back of throat
I've been experiencing these symptoms for some 6 month's or so & cannot find any definitive explanation. It is possible that I could be anemic, and I have experienced leg & foot cramping as well. I've recently noticed that I am now getting the fluid-filled, non-painful, small blister-like bumps BILATERALLY in the back of my throat. It's the strangest thing. Please keep posting if anyone finds out more info. Thx!
|

replied July 9th, 2012
if they're in your tonsils, they're tonsilloliths.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonsillolith

this is all I can think of. back at the beginning of the Internet they got a lot of attention, bc everyone had them, EVERYONE thought they were the only person ever to get them, and nobody knew what they were. thanks, Internet! Very Happy

hope this helps!
|

replied July 9th, 2012
Hello all, I finally couldn't stand it and went to my ENT. He couldn't see anything, but I had taken pictures...good ones with my iphone and showed him. Even though it wasn't there at that moment he blindly cut after numbing. Healing wasn't pretty (raw skin in the skin by the uvula), but thank goodness it didn't come back. They biopsied it and it came back as inflamed tissue.
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2013
Blisters
My brother and I both had/have this...it is not..tonsillitis and is not strep throat...it does not occur on the tonsil it occurs on the soft palate...it reoccurs often. I will wash my hands and gently press it to break..and it does have some clear liquid...this is very odd...I wonder if it has something to do with food ingredients? Inflamed tissue? what is inflaming it? If the Dr. blindly cut he is not a very good Dr. I would want to hear more from folks on this...I am pretty sure we are not all delusional
|

replied June 6th, 2013
I have the same symptoms. Otherwise healthy as well. Suspected food allergy at first, but am now closely monitoring all ingredients (I'm a very conscientious eater!) and the blister still re-appears. The doctor prescribed 5 days of antibiotics, during which the blister remained "flat" (but I could still feel a slight change in skin structure". Now 2 days without antibiotics, and the blister has filled with liquid again. It's really, really weird.
|

replied June 6th, 2013
could it be HPV?
|

replied June 28th, 2013
small water blister painless on pallat is genuinely scared :/
I am experiencing it too iv been getting it. For the past two years every few weeks exactly today i woke up with it and t grew Ijust popped it and decided to see what it was...I am 16. I got frightened when Igoogled it that cancer sufferes going through treatment get it too!! I don't have cancer....I'mkind of scared its something bad please help!!!
|

replied September 7th, 2013
Hi, I have been having the same problem.
And I am No medical Expert, but I do know what worked for me.
I Gargled with White distilled vinegar and mouthwash. Within 24 hours the swelling and blisters subsided, I did this for two more days once a night and they completely went away.
|

replied September 7th, 2013
Oh and I asked a physician what it could be and she said it could have been a Throat Virus, like strep or another type of throat virus.
|

replied January 24th, 2014
Annoying blisters in back of throat.
I seem to be getting these same blisters quite frequently. I pop them and they come back. Only clear fluid comes out. They are very irritating. Has anyone gotten a definitive answer as to what these are or what causes them?
|
Tags: appearance, skin
Quick Reply