Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Painless lump under armpit (Page 1)

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
Hi i'm so worried sick I am 22 and have 3 year old son and about 4 weeks ago noticed lump under my right armpit. it don't hurt which this worries me. I am always exhausted etc.. I'm ill at moment with flu and sore throat and feel terrible. I have been depressed and stressed since my son was born as i've had so much trouble from my sons father. i'm worrier I'm worried that me worrying have brought on cancer. also my nipples have been leaking now and again on and off since my son but I never breastfed at all and i'm not pregnant. even when i'm healthy this lump don't go. everywhere read everyone says their lump hurts which is good sing. is about pea sized. I know see a doctor haven't been easy with 3 year old to look after and if I have cancer I have no family to look after my son. His father isn't stable enough to look after him. he was always violent to me and my son thats why we left and he was awarded supervised access so whats gonna happen. probably have to take my son to doctors with me as he not started nursery until January so was oing to wait until then but I probably can't. thanks xxxxxx
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Do you experience breast leakage from only one or both breasts?
Have you noticed some other breast changes?
|

No changes I think they may got little bigger not much though and I am 22. sometimes one breast sometimes 2. Ifind that when I wake up there is 2 wet patches onmy nightee some mornings. things i've googled suggested hormone balance. someone have also made commet that my eyes were looking yellow 2 weeks ago. when I had my son after him I was borderline for blood transfusion as my iron levels were on danger. midwife never give me any when I was pregnant despite my iron levels being low. I didn't have blood transfusion but was on iron tablets for while os this could explain the yellow eyes or it all could be cancer related. hoping someone will have an idea what's wrong with me. I know a doctor I should see but if it's nothing I will feel silly wasting doctors time. I'm so worried about future hope someone can offer me peace of mind xxx
|

I did have emergency c-section if at all this as any connection
|

replied October 14th, 2008
please anyone with some advice. last few days it looks like the breast on right side where lmp is leaks more. also coming up in loads bruises over my body which are unexplained I don't know how they got there. only got to slightly bump into something and it's nasty bruise is this all connected.
|

User Profile
replied October 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I hope the breast discharge is white, clear, yellow or green, but not bloody.
The leakage from one or both breasts, can be due to many reasons, usually hormonal imbalance.
Bruising easily is characteristic for hypothyroidism, and, this condition can be a cause for galactorrhea (milky discharge from the nipple not associated with the normal milk production of breast-feeding), too.

Leaking from both breasts is more often associated with hormonal imbalance, and, leaking from only one breast rises the risk for breast cancer.

Do you feel fatigue and weakness?
Have you gained too much weight recently or you find it difficulty losing some?
Are you experiencing memory loss, depression and irritability?
|

replied October 21st, 2008
thank you. it leaks more the side I have lump but other leaks to just not as much or often. no it's not bloody. think it's white or clear but none blood I noticed.
is hormone imbalance serious?what causes it? what can I do about it? will have to google but can never make sense of it.
I feel fatigue, weak, depressed. i'm loosing weight but i'm always eating probably comfort. I saw doctor last wednesday and she said I was painfully thin but thats just me. i'm loosing weight though not sure how with amount I eat. i'm 7st8 so thats about 106lbs and i'm 5ft2 so not that under weight. anyway I had bloods done yesterday for anemia, hormones etc but said it would be a week for them to come back as testing hormones and I have scan which will be a week thursday. she told me to expect months wait but it's come through really fast. please though if anyone has any ideas what could be wrong with me doctor didn't really comment much x
|

User Profile
replied October 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
You are welcome!
Galactorrhea may be considered physiologic, and some women may continue to produce milk for up to two years after cessation of breast-feeding.
As I wrote in my previous post, hypothyroidism can cause breast leakage, bruising easily, fatigue, weakness, depression, but, causes weight gain, and not weight loss.
Another possible cause for your condition is Cushing's disease, with symptoms of feeling tired, feeling depressed, bruising easily, breast leakage, but, also, weight loss is not characteristic.
Both conditions, can be due to presence of small benign tumors located in a small gland at the base of your brain.
Medications for depression and birth control pills can be reason for breast leakage, too.
Stress can also stimulate increased secretion of prolactin hormone leading to breast leakage.

Do you take steroid medications?
What are your menstrual periods like?
|

replied October 22nd, 2008
thank you but I never breastfed my son. traumatic birth ended up emergency c-section and was borderline for blood transfusion so was to tired and ill and drained with my iron to breastfeed.

no i'm not on any medication at all, no birth controls nothing. other then recently last time I went to doctors was 2006. yes i've been under alot stress and depression but i've tried to battle it and put it into perspective myself. I really don't believe in anti-d's. Ihope these blood tests have answers though.

my periods are regular but quite heavy and I always feel weak and sick and even more drained that time of month. anyway thank you if you have any ideas I would be grateful. appreciate you taking time to reply. just waiting game until this scan really x
|
Users who thank 84lucy22 for this post: MandMs 

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Have you noticed some skin rashes?
Have you experienced painful joints and unexplained fever recently?
Did you have sudden weight loss?
Have you lost your appetite?
Do you find your eyes sensitive to light and easily irritated?

Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism, both, can be related with heavy menstrual bleeding.
Hyperthyroidism can lead to weight loss.
|

no skin rashes.
I di have flu other week with fever but few days that was gone just virus I think.
i've always been slim but have got slimmer not sure if it's sudden hadn't really noticed. no I have great appetite i'm always hungry and eating never feel full often. no I don't think my eyes are sensitive to light though i'm always rubbing them as i'm tired.

will have to search for hyperthyroidism. seriously though I know you haven't seen me in person but from what i'm saying do you think this is serious or am I just run down. lump still there pea sized not hurting at all.
no matter what time I go to bed findit struggle to even open my eyes in morning and get out of bed i'm that drained. x
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
All that seems to me, as a hormone imbalance and the reason needs to be find.
I don't wanna speculate, but, it shouldn't be something serious.
Insist for checking the lump you have.

Thinking and worrying for you!
Hope everything will be fine!
Waiting for your results!
Marija
|

thank you, have been very helpful. once i've had my scan blood tests results I will post on here, thanks very muchx
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
You are welcome!
Hugs for you and your little one!
|

replied August 2nd, 2010
i am 21.i am really worried.i have a painless lump in my armpit.i am a student.. is there something to worry about?
i found about this yesterday and i am going to get it checked by a doctor in a day or two.. because there is some strick in our city for one or two days.. but i am really worried so i thought about posting my problem here...
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi rosebud007 and welcome to ehealth: You are doing the wisest thing that you can do with finding this lump...You are a perfect example of knowing our own body and when something is not right having it checked out...If you have time let us know what he/she has to say....Take care...

Caroline
|

replied December 13th, 2010
Hard pea sized lump under right armpit
Hi, I am 28 years with 3 kids and have a hard pea sized lump underneath my right armpit. Over the years, I have noticed it growing very slowly. I first noticed it in 2006 I think it was, it was very painful. My armpits would get sweaty and that's when I notice pain and lump. The lump was then treated with antibiotics and since then the lump would come and go and I was treated various times with antibiotics. I was told by my doctor at that time (in 2006) that it was a blocked hair duct and if it didn't improve with the antibiotics, the only way to resolve this was to get surgery, surgery never happened though cause the lump eventually did go away but then after 2006 the lump (most of the times painless lump(s)) would come and go and sometimes it would appear on my left armpit. Four years later, I now have a lump which is currently situated under my right armpit and is painless, I can feel it but it doesn't hurt. I have a family history of breast cancer, my mother, who is very strong and brave, went through the works (masectomy, chemo and radiation in 1995). In 2006, the doctors suspected that the cancer had come back into her lung, she was in hospital that year for a week or two draining fluid out from her lung. Since then, she went back to being perfectly healthy. Now it has gone into her bone, but my mother hasn't given up yet. She fracture her hip bone (that is where the cancer is) in October. She didn't know for 2 weeks that she had a fractured bone until I and my father took her to the emergency because I just couldnt bear watching her in so much pain. My mother recovered and is my biggest inspiration. She is only 60 years old.

I go through breast checkups every 1-2 years. I just went through a breast ulstrasound last weekend and I find out the results tomorrow. I am quite worried about this lump underneath my armpit, actually I am mortified and all I can think about is my family (3 young kids and hard working husband). Please God I hope this is nothing very serious......I am quite scared now.
|
Users who thank vikatolia for this post: Noel13 

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Hi vikatolia and welcome to ehealth: I have had the same pea type lump under my right arm for years...This has been checked out, but for some reason it stays...Small cysts will happen...You are very wise in staying on top of it...Knowing you have cancer in your family is a bonus...This way you will be watched with care...Honey, life is scary...This happens when we love it so much and cherish each day....I send you my best wishes....Take care...

Caroline
|

Thank you for your warm words Caroline. Yes, life is scary but at the same time blessed. I got my results today from my breast ultrasound last weekend and everything is good. It state's that my right breast is remarkeable and normal tissue etc shown on the left breast. Doctor says everythings good and I had a checkup for the lump under my right armpit. I was told it's a cyst (lymph node) and that its not cancer nor is it cancerous. Boy was I releifed to hear that.

Given my mother had breast cancer, he has referred me to a cancer therapy centre to see whether my mother's type of cancer is generic.

I hate living in fear of this disease but God has helped my mother and the rest of our family through this.

Best wishes to you also Caroline and take care.
|

replied February 12th, 2011
Please help Painless lump in Armpit.
I am 36 year old and just had a son 9 months ago. I breast fed him until he was 5 months old. I noticed after the first month in my right armpit a small lump that i squeezed and milk came out, I went to the doctor and had a mammogram and sonogram and it turned out to be a lymph node that had milk in it. Now my son is 9 months old and I am no longer breast feeding him for the past 4 months , I noticed another small painless lump that is localised and is about the size of a pea, i am so scared I know I have to go to the doctor and have it checked out but I am so scared it's cancer.Please help.
|
12 >>