Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Painful vaginal growth

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
Since Sunday night down below has been hurting very bad, everytime I walk, sit, and just move in general. I finally decided to feel around to find out what it is, and there is this slightly large bump growing under the skin right inside my vagina. I don't have insurance, and can't go to the doctor, so this would really help me out.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 9th, 2009
Community Volunteer
It sounds to be like a raised Bartholin Gland...They can be very painful...Very often they have to be seen by the doctor...Try soaking this in the bathtub two or three times a day in hot water...I think it will help...Helped me once long ago and it popped on it's own...Don't mess with it or you will infect it..Good luck...

Caroline
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2009
Once yours popped did it come back again? I read up on it and it said that the opening normally doesn't stay open long enough for it all to drain out.
|

replied June 9th, 2009
Community Volunteer
It actually popped on it's own...This was about 20 years ago..Got real big and hard to walk...I went in and checked myself and it was draining this thick white smelly puss stuff...I put pressure on it with my fingers and the stuff kept coming out...It was real thick like a paste...Mine never came back...Some people's do, but mine didn't...Stay with the baths...I think that they will help...

Caroline
|