Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Painful stool problems

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
I am not sure how to describe this. I have had previous problems with hemrhoids and fissures and not sure if this is connected. I am having trouble passing the stool. It take about 3 days to pass and it feels like when I push the stool is going sideways instead of down. I can feel the bulge across my anus and the stool is right there but won't come out. When I finally get enough "back pressure" to pass it with lots of pain the stool is definately shaped like a "candy cane". Sorry for the descriptive words but don't know how else to describe it. There is a large hook shape to the stool and by anus is sore from the passing for hours after. I have just finishes a bowel movement and the only way I could pass the stool was by taking a laxative last night (something I don't do often) and now I will be fine for a few days. I amy have regular stool for a week or so and then this problem will probably start again. It also seems to be more in the hot weather if that makes any sense. I remember years ago having a lower GI and the Dr saying I had "extra" intestines but I a not sure if this is relavent or not. Any help would be appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi gladtobe1952....Try staying with a diet with fiber...This should help you....The fact that you have a extra intestine does bear on this problem...You should have a Colonoscopy done and be checked out...It has been far too long...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied December 11th, 2010
Thanks, I will try to add more. I have had a colonoscopy and the results were not clear. What do you mean it has been far too long?
|