Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Painful red belly button

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Well this is kinda strange but my belly button keeps turning red and painful.It also gets a bad odor. i have had 3 different surgreys through my belly button I had my galbladder out, My appendix,and my tubes tied.What do you think the problem is? I make sure to keep it clean and dry, I even make sure to put peroxide in it when it starts getting red but know help. If you have any answers or suggestions please let me know.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2009
Supporter
If it is only a little red, but not irritated, you can try placing a few drops of alcohol in your belly button. It will clean the area and the alcohol will help any water or fluid dry up. But if it's sore or irritated, it will burn like hell fire if you put alcohol there! Shocked
|

replied July 15th, 2009
dont use alcohol
noooo! dont use alcohol. alcohol is bad for it... Use Bactine on it and move it back in forth to make sure it gets in there. Tea tree oil also makes it a little less irritated. My piercer said it works very well on some people. But definitely soak it in a salt water solution (3 tablespoons of salt for every 8oz of water) for 5 minutes. I hope that helps.
|

replied October 29th, 2011
red belly button
Okay, help? I also just had Gall bladder removed and my belly button is still red and irritated and hurts a bit. Was told by Doctor to put corizone in it. But, how long is this going to last????
|

replied November 2nd, 2012
I have the same issue and noticed that it got worse after i had my gallbladder removed, one of the incisions is in my belly button. I have tried multiple products to get it to go away and so far the best one I have found is yeast infection cream, sounds strange I know but for me at least it works....i just use a dab and apply it inside and around the outside of my belly button if i just use it at night its usually gone within two days.....
|