Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Painful lump under skin

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
I have a small pea sized lump under my skin on my back and it hurts. I do not know what it is and what it is caused from.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 9th, 2010
Have someone look at it and describe it too you. Better yet have a friend use their camera phone and take a close up of it. It its pink, raised, it could just be a boil or bug bite. What type of pain do you feel, and is it just when it is touched or bumped? I got bit by something in the middle of the back of my neck. Woke up one morning and felt a terrible burning pain. Went downstairs to wash up and noticed that the right side of my neck was swollen to. So I felt the area, in was a large size lump, felt like a cyst. When my husband looked at it he said it was a large pink lump. So I went to the urgent care just to be on the safe side. He said it was probably some type of spider bite. It was a large blister by the time I went to see him and he drained it, and tested the fluid for bacteria. 5 weeks later I still have a large deep scab that is still not ready to fall off. A friend said it was most likely a brown recluse spider that bit me judging by the reaction. His friend had one, he had a much worse reaction, but also developed the same type of scab. Well enough about myself, if it does'nt look like a boil, or a bug bite, and does'nt improve in a week go see your doc. If you don't have any other symptoms I really would not worry about it. Hope this helps.
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: lump, skin, back hurts
Quick Reply