Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Painful Lump Post Umbilical Hernia Repair

Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
User Profile
I had an Umbilical Hernia right above my navel which only became noticeable to me after having my gall bladder removed laproscopically one year ago. I had no significant pain, just a protusion of fatty tissue beneath the skin and a mild discomfort on some days. I had the Umbilical Hernia repaired laproscopically with mesh 6 weeks ago. Since I woke up from surgery I noticed that the soft fatty protrusion now felt like a hard ball shape. Most of my recovery pain is gone but I still have this hard ball above my navel and it is painful. It is smaller than a golf ball but larger than a marble. When I brush up against something or poke it with my finger I get a mild but sharp pain. At 2 weeks post-op. my surgeon said it is just fluid trapped between the mesh and the muscle wall and that my body would eventually absorb it. But it's now 6 weeks and I'm getting worried. Also, still have some numbness between the incision points on the left side of my abdomen and my navel. Should I go and get a second opinion?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 15th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Did you find this post helpful?