Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Painful lump near rectum

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
Hi I think I have perineal hernia. There is a big painful lump close to my rectrum. Could you please let me know what sort of treatment is available for this? Thank you.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 24th, 2010
Skin Answer A13524
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You want to know the cause of the symptoms that you experience.

There are several conditions that may be presented as a painful lump near the rectum, such as perianal abscess, fistule and hemorrhoids. Perianal abscess and fistule are characterized by pain in the anal area, increased body temperature or sometimes a release of pus. Hemorrhoids are characterized by constipation accompanied with pain when defecating and fresh blood in the stool.

According to the data that you described, you may or may not experience one of the medical conditions listed above. See your doctor for further diagnosis. You may also consider seeing an abdominal surgeon if diagnosed with a perianal abscess or a fistule.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor for further advice and information about diagnosis and treatment options.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.