Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Painful lump in forearm

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
I am a healthy 33 year old female. I noticed a small marble sized lump on the top of my forearm under the skin last night. It does not move, is extremely painful and I have some tingling in the arm. There is no visible bruising, and I do not remeber any trama. Could this be a malignancy?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 10th, 2011
Especially eHealthy
kim78,

That's always a possibility, but there are also a lot of other things it could be. There are a lot of causes of lumps and bumps in the hand and forearm.

These can include: ganglion cysts, epidermal inclusion cyst (EIC), foreign body granuloma, fibroma, neuroma, local abscess, sebacous cyst, and many more.

The only way to know for sure, is to have it looked at by your physician. If necessary a biopsy can be done.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply