Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Painful large bump with black dot in middle

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Since December my boyfriend has been dealing with constant infections in random places. (Finger, lip, nose, pelvis, legs..) Now I have one. It started as a tiny black dot now its a large hard bump that hurts A LOT. It throbs like a bad burn and I can barely walk with it. It's about the size of a tennis ball under the skin. It won't pop and its getting bigger and bigger under the skin. I don't think its a bug bite either,I haven't seem any insects around yet.. It's still below freezing where I live. Here are some pictures I took.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 1st, 2013
I hope you went to the dr because that looks like MRSA. MRSA is contagious. Hope you're ok
|
Did you find this post helpful?