Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Painful gas cramps during cycle

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
I am 31 and have been experiencing extremely painful gas cramps during my cycle. This just started happening to me late last year and I was thinking since I stopped taking birth control earlier that year that it what it was. However, these cramps seemed to be much more painful and my bowel movements were extremely painful. I can't do without any pain medication at this time because of the intense pain. My stomach is usually a bit bloated and my lower abdomen is painful if pressed. I told my regular doctor and she referred me to my gyno and gave me some ibuprofen, which is too strong for me to take. I don't really think that my gyno would be able to solve this issue because it is gas related, although it is during my cycle. Any ideas of what I should do or what type of doctor that I need to see? Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 26th, 2009
Pain during ovulation
I have been experiencing very simiar issues. I was reading up online and they are some of the symptoms of endometriosis. Needless to say, I will be scheduling a gyno appointment on Monday. I am not sure what the outcome will be, but I suggest the same for you. Good luck and I hope you feel better.
|
Did you find this post helpful?