Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

painful cramping during sex - TTC

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
Ok i am ovulating right now and were trying to get pregant but for some reason every time we have sex i am hurting like hell is there a reason? i am worried that i won't be abel to concive because of the pain. Any advice would be greatly apperciated...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2008
Supporter
Causes for pain during sex include:

* Intercourse too soon after surgery or child birth
* Vaginal dryness or inadequate lubrication (for example, from insufficient foreplay)
* Menopause (vaginal lining loses its normal moisture and becomes dry)
* Vaginal infection
* Reaction to the latex of a diaphragm or condom
* Prostatitis -- inflammation of the prostate
* Genital irritation from soaps, detergents, douches, or feminine hygiene products
* Herpes sores, genital warts, or other sexually transmitted diseases
* Urinary tract infections
* Endometriosis
* Vaginismus -- involuntary contraction of the vaginal muscles; this may be a result of ongoing painful intercourse as well as a cause
* Ill fitting diaphragm
* Sexual abuse or rape
* Hemorrhoids
* Certain medications

It may be best to see the doctor together with your partner. A physical examination may include a pelvic examination (for women), a prostate examination (for men), and a rectal examination. If a physical problem is suspected, appropriate tests will be ordered and the treatment can proceed from there.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Where does it hurt and how long afterwards does it hurt? Do you have stomach aches or cramps even after sex?

Has it always been like this, or just recently?

When was your last pelvic exam?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2008
Maddie
Maddie34 wrote:
Where does it hurt and how long afterwards does it hurt? Do you have stomach aches or cramps even after sex?

Has it always been like this, or just recently?

When was your last pelvic exam?



Maddie,

Thank you for replying back to me. Ok well to be honest i had one back in June because my and my fionc'e decided we were going to start trying to have another baby because i already had one from my previous marriage. The exam wasn't good in fact they we're quiet concerned about me and my health because that was the second one that i had. The first one and second were both negative. Perhaps because i have endometriosis or could have been becasue i had just lost two babies prior.

Ok as far as the pain goes it's only been this past wk but the pain is actually better now. So could that have been from ovulation or just endometriosis??
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Uh... wait, you pelvic exam came up negative?
Or are you talking about a pap smear?

Why were they concerned? And why didn't you continue to see what was wrong?

It could be one or the other, neither of them, or both since ovulation pain is a symptom of endometriosis.

You should probably go back to see your gyno and tell your doctor your concerns.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 20th, 2008
Maddie34 wrote:
Uh... wait, you pelvic exam came up negative?
Or are you talking about a pap smear?

Why were they concerned? And why didn't you continue to see what was wrong?

It could be one or the other, neither of them, or both since ovulation pain is a symptom of endometriosis.

You should probably go back to see your gyno and tell your doctor your concerns.


Pap smear neg..

Well to be honest i am in another country and can't go to my gyno. And honestly i don't trust the ppl here to go anywheres near me lol.. So i am just crossing my fingers to go back home soon
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 20th, 2008
oh well i just wanted to comment on the fact of living in another country and not trusting the doctors here. i know that when i went to get a pap in the US they did a very good job looking and feeling and taking swabs and everything. here though in italy, i went to get one they did an ultrasound and hardly even look in me at all. she did just about nothing and that kinda scares me. so yeah i really know what you mean. Smile sorry about the pain you're having hope it goes away. good luck too Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 20th, 2008
Selena19 wrote:
oh well i just wanted to comment on the fact of living in another country and not trusting the doctors here. i know that when i went to get a pap in the US they did a very good job looking and feeling and taking swabs and everything. here though in italy, i went to get one they did an ultrasound and hardly even look in me at all. she did just about nothing and that kinda scares me. so yeah i really know what you mean. Smile sorry about the pain you're having hope it goes away. good luck too Smile



See i am glad someone understands what i am going through..

SO i am wondering is there anyway that this could just be a sign of pregnancy?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 20th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Pain during intercourse is not an early pregnancy symptom.
You can test to make sure though Smile
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 20th, 2008
latinawife wrote:
Selena19 wrote:
oh well i just wanted to comment on the fact of living in another country and not trusting the doctors here. i know that when i went to get a pap in the US they did a very good job looking and feeling and taking swabs and everything. here though in italy, i went to get one they did an ultrasound and hardly even look in me at all. she did just about nothing and that kinda scares me. so yeah i really know what you mean. Smile sorry about the pain you're having hope it goes away. good luck too Smile



See i am glad someone understands what i am going through..

SO i am wondering is there anyway that this could just be a sign of pregnancy?



from what i know it's not an early sign of pregnancy. but keep trying and even though you don't like these people you can go and at lest ask. it's never a good thing when there is pain in try to have pleasure. and when you home make sure you get a full pap as soon as you can. Smile hope this helped. lol
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 21st, 2008
Selena19 wrote:
latinawife wrote:
Selena19 wrote:
oh well i just wanted to comment on the fact of living in another country and not trusting the doctors here. i know that when i went to get a pap in the US they did a very good job looking and feeling and taking swabs and everything. here though in italy, i went to get one they did an ultrasound and hardly even look in me at all. she did just about nothing and that kinda scares me. so yeah i really know what you mean. Smile sorry about the pain you're having hope it goes away. good luck too Smile



See i am glad someone understands what i am going through..

SO i am wondering is there anyway that this could just be a sign of pregnancy?



from what i know it's not an early sign of pregnancy. but keep trying and even though you don't like these people you can go and at lest ask. it's never a good thing when there is pain in try to have pleasure. and when you home make sure you get a full pap as soon as you can. Smile hope this helped. lol



I will do that i promise you that hahaha giggle I haven't even been able to enjoy sex in a wk and believe me were animals hahah you know how newly wed's are. But were still trying to enjoy it
|
Did you find this post helpful?