Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vascular and Circulatory Disorders Forum

Painful bumps along vein on leg after running

So im having a problem, im in the military so I have to run pretty regularly. Recently ive been getting these extremely painful bumps on my left leg after running. Today I ran 3 miles and it got reallllly painful by the time I was done. I went to the corpsman on base and he told me I need to see a doctor and they are along my veins. Im scheduling an appointment tomorrow to see one, im just wondering if you guys have any idea what this is.

They are soft bumps and go away about an hour after running but while they are there its extremely painful.

Here are some pictures

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper NYankeefan
|

replied January 17th, 2013
Hello, I am having exactly the same problem. I was running for about 10 minutes yesterday when I noticed my lower leg exactly the same location as your getting way to tight and similar bumps had formed. I massaged the area for aout 5 minutes and the bumps were gonne. After almost 1 year of training this was the first time I noticed somehting like this. I haven't seen a doctor yet(wich I will) but I was wondering just in case if you managed to find out what causes this and how it can get fixed.
|

replied April 4th, 2013
Hello! .. I have this EXACT same thing. Whenever I run lumps on my shins grow, and look EXACTLY the same. in a way I feel like they burn more then hurt. Any idea yet of what causes this?
|

replied April 4th, 2013
Hello! .. I have this EXACT same thing. Whenever I run lumps on my shins grow, and look EXACTLY the same. in a way I feel like they burn more then hurt. Any idea yet of what causes this?
|

replied August 1st, 2013
keep us in the know
NYANKEEFAN,

Please keep us in formed if the doctor could diagnose these. The sensation I experience is burning, tightness, and then I start to lose feeling and function of my leg, i basicly flop it around while walking. It is excrutiating and noone believes me.
|

replied June 5th, 2014
Weird Bump
did anyone figure this out? i have them, my first one 2 years ago after running, so i stopped, it went away in about an hour, another one today, running treadmill for 8 minutes, i thought it was shin splint pain and thought i could go two more minutes, looked down and there it was.
|

replied July 17th, 2014
Looks alot like thefirst bump I got on my calf a few weeks ago, turned out to be a sjperficial thrombophlebitis. But again, I have varicose veins on my calves so it might be something different. I'd say go see the doc, they might send you for an ultrasound to check it out. Doc told me if I would have catch it earlier than I did I could have got away with aspirin but now I got 2 months of warafin to take and constant blood test. Hope you get better
|
Quick Reply