Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

Painful bump on bottom of middle toe

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
Hi,

I have this painful bump on the bottom of my left middle toe near the base of the toe off to the side of the toe a bit.

It almost feels like a little splinter, but there is nothing there and it is not going away. It hurts if I press it and it hurts to walk on it, especially when I wake up in the morning. It is not a big bump. My wife looked at it and you can't see anything. It is on the inside of the toe.

Maybe it is not even a bump. More of a painful little spot on the inside of the toe. It does feel as if there is something in there irritating it. I don't recall getting any splinters and don't go around in bare feet.

After I walk on it for a while it isn't as painful. After sitting for a few hours in a movie it also hurts when I get up and walk on it.

I am able to run on it and am doing about 2-3 miles of jogging every other day. I started the running again back in March. The toe didn't start hurting until a few weeks ago so I don't think it is related to the running.

I am 48 years old, not overweight, and in reasonably good health. Just had a physical and have perfect blood pressure, cholesterol is pretty good, and everything looked pretty good from my blood work at that physical.

What might cause a painful spot on the bottom of a middle toe?

Should I see a podiatrist?

Thanks for any info.

Steve
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ashali
|

replied July 7th, 2010
i have got the same symtoms today i went for ultra sound and that's how i found about the lump
|
Did you find this post helpful?