Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Pain 7 years after kidney removal

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi,

I had my right kidney removed 7 years ago due to a congenital deformity, and I continue to have pain where the kidney had been. Could this be from scar tissue? Sometimes (right now) I cannot even function because it is so painful. What could this be and should I return to my kidney doctor?

Thanks!
Suzy
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
It is a good idea to see your kidney doctor for this pain.
if you had a partial kidney removal you may have a rare complication like aneurysm or arterio-venous fistula.
Pain can be also related to scar tissue changes and even a case of incisional hernia should be considered (hernia at the incision site may develop soon after the original surgery, or at any time thereafter, and a bulge may not be evident at the hernia site initially and pain may be the only early symptom).

Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied July 28th, 2014
MY HUSBAND HAS THIS SAME PAIN AFTER HE HAD HIS KIDNEY REMOVED IN MARCH. NO DOCTOR CAN TELL US WAT IT IS. HE IS UNABLE TO WORK DOES ANYONE NO WHAT WE CAN DO
|
Quick Reply