Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

pain years after hernia surgery

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hey everyone. Hoping someone could give me some help on what to do because I do not know.

3-4 years ago I had a hernia operation and they used mesh to repair it. It's always ached since surgery. But yesterday the pain became very very sharp and is not going away. It feels like a knife stabbing me exactly where the incision. It hurts when i walk, sit, lift anything..etc.

Help Please

Thanks!
-Nate-
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ^Serenity^
|

replied August 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Return to your surgeon. It sound like the mesh went bad. Please read the sticky on this forum and read through some of the other posts. The mesh is a nightmare that many are living with.
Find out what type of mesh was used, product & lot #'s. There were some meshes that were recalled a while back.
|
Users who thank ^Serenity^ for this post: ILLUSI0N 

replied August 24th, 2008
Thank you Serenity...It's now Sunday and the pain is getting much worse. I'm going to call the Dr. tomorrow.

Do you think I'll need surgery again? So very nervous about it but I just want the pain to go away.
|

replied September 2nd, 2008
having same problems
Hi,
I had an indirect inguinal hernia open mesh repair 3 yrs ago. Same problems: first started out as annoying pressure, then more pressure and irritation, and now sporadic shooting pain. Very difficult to live with, not to mention other possible health problems the mesh may have cause. How are you dealing with your pain?
|

replied March 1st, 2009
pain 1 yr after hernia surgery
illusion--what finally happened-did pain go away?
|

replied April 24th, 2009
mesh problems
hi i had a inguinal op 10 years ago ,know the pain has come back i live in another country since ,but it looks like there may be firther surgery ahaed .
|