Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Pain when using bathroom

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
About a half week ago I noticed I was starting to feel like I was backed up and so I just went along, trying to eat something I know would make me have to go. A day later everything was coming out, so I know I was not backed up, just when it came out there was a sharp pain in my anus/groin area acting like a barrier to "exiting" but eventually I suck it up and go through the pain. I looked online, thought maybe a hernia, don't have a bump or anything like that (that I currently know of), hemmoroids? don't have those symptoms either....I think it might have been from straining too hard over time and pulled some type of muscle. When I am not using the bathroom it doesn't out right hurt, but if I hold it in or even relax after going, it tends to hurt a little. No itching, bleeding, discharge, none of that stuff for the record, and no sex.

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Could be hemorrhoids or you could have torn things a little from pushing. If the feeling doesn't go away in a couple of days, gets worse, or if it starts to bleed, you should probably call your doctor and ask if you should come in or wait longer to see if it goes away on its own.
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2009
Supporter
are you eating your fruits and vegetables? are you drinking enough water or fluids?
you can take something called fiber choice, it taste like sweetarts, its a soluble fiber and allows you to go to the bathroom everyday.
i was backed up before when i wasnt eating right.
|

replied July 15th, 2009
Hi. The doctor got on my back before about not drinking enough water and/or fluids so I have been making an effort to drink more "sugar water" aka kool-aid packet, one and a half cups sugar and water to fill the pitcher and take water with me on the road. Fruits and vegetables? Not so much Sad. I really don't have too many problems being backed up as I have IBS and if I eat too much junk food or too much food in general, I have to go. Thanks for the comment
|