Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Pain When Starting to Urinate

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hello members of ehealth forums,

You knowledge wealthy individuals have been helpful to me in the past. However a new problem has found it's way into my life. After visiting my family doctor for tests several times and searching the web for an answer, the problem persists and I come to you for an answer.

I am a 18 year old male. For quite a while now, approximately a year or so, I've had a problem with a quick pain that happens only when I first start peeing. There is a short, sharp pain at the end of my penis, perhaps an centimeter or less of the way inside. This only occurs when I first begin to pee, and does not reoccur if I stop and start again. It does not hurt before or after peeing. You should also know that it doesn't always happen but it seems to quite frequently.

The doctor I visited did urine tests and confirmed that I am not diabetic and as far as I know there was no sign of a UTI. However I'd like to hear and possibilities and possible cures. Just for the sake of information, I am a virgin, so I highly doubt any STD.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi and Welcome

Did your doctor mention the possibility of a stone being lodged?
Have you seen a urologist for this?
|

replied July 29th, 2008
My doctor did not mention the possibility of a stone being lodged and I have not seen a urologist. However, it seems to me having a stone lodge or something of the sort would cause more pain than what I am experiencing. The pain is certainly not unbearable, more of a short discomfort. Also, I have been trying to drink more water and the results seem positive.

I'd still like to hear any suggestions in case this solution is a false alarm.
|

replied July 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Stones don't always cause severe pain especially if it is lodged. I've had many stones and even passed them without much pain, while other stones were unbearable.
Just thought I'd offer a little insight into the possibility it might be a stone.
A urologist would be able to give a better an answer as to what this is.

Take Care
|