Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Pain under breast bone

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hello everyone,

Just had a question/concern to ask. Since Saturday afternoon all of a sudden I started to get a sharp (almost constant) pain with a little pressure under my breast bone and chest. It is a tad to the right but not by much. It will radiate to the left a little an also the right. I did not eat anything prior to this event and was up for about 3 hours prior. I do have a Hiatal Hernia and thought this was it because I have had very similar symptoms with this. Since Saturday the symptoms on Sunday were much better and Monday barely noticeable. Monday night it came back to the same it was on Saturday and so far all day today (Tuesday) it has not lightened up. I am worried a little as though they are very similar symptoms to my Hiatal Hernia it feels a slight different and a little worse. Also recently I had a bad tooth problem and had to take antibiotics and large amounts of Motrin that I never use. I have also during this time had to do a lot of heavy snow shoveling that I usually do not do as I did not get a plow guy this year. Do you think this combination of events could have made the Hiatal Hernia worse or is it possible Gallbladder issues? Thanks for any input!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2010
There are multiple possible causes for the type of pain you describe, including muscle or/and rib joint strain from shoveling snow, reflux esophagitis, esophageal spasms, gastritis, stomach or duodenal ulcers, gallstones, pancreatitis, pneumonia, and angina (ischemic heart pain), to name a few. Because there are so many possible causes, you will have to be evaluated by uour doctor for these symptoms.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.