Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Pain Under Belly Button

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I've been having this very uncomfortable feeling sore like feeling on the right side of my stomach,more specifically almost directly when my belly button is.the sensation actually seems to be affecting the whole right side of from my stomach to my back.I've been afraid it could be my appendix, however I don't have any fever at all or diarrhea or anything noticeably different in my stool. I do have Irritable Bowel and can get constipated so I try to take Fiber supplements regularly but nothing any different in that area.I read somewhere that fiber may make appendicitis worse but I wouldn't know if this is true.I also feel no significant amount of pain when that area of my stomach is pressed or depressed.
I would feel this pain off and on for the last 6 months lasting maybe a day or two at a time but now have been feeling this for almost two weeks straight now.

Could this possibly just be a pain radiating from a slipped disc that I have in my lower back.I'm also having my kidney's tested because I have blood in my urine and do feel pain in that area of my back but so far CT scans,X-rays showed negative on the Kidneys but I'm currently waiting for results for an Ultrasound.Can you feel pain form your kidneys in your abdomen?I'm really trying to avoid going to the ER as I do not currently have insurance and would hate to go for nothing to only be told all the test are negative and that it's only anxiety.Any advise would be appreciated.Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 27th, 2011
Hello and welcome to E health forum.

Presence of abdominal pain, blood in the urine, could be associated with conditions like renal stone and glomerulonephritis.

A repeat urinalysis, total urine protein estimation, and if needed a renal biopsy might be very helpful to diagnose your condition.

You might consult a urologist for proper treatment and advice.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.