Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

Pain Related High Blood Pressure

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi, I found out that I have fluctuating BP levels that are mostly on the high side (highest reading 200/104..leading to 124 on the diastolic - I'm assuming the systolic is the first figure and the diastolic the second..anyway, in case I've written it the wrong way around it's the lower figure out of the two that the doctors said was diastolic. My doctor ran some tests for Conn's Syndrome and possible kidney problems - I used to have a kidney problem when I was younger so they were concerned this could be an issue. The tests came back fine, but they're keeping a check on my BP. In fact I'm sitting here with a BP monitor attached to me for another 18 hours then I have to go back to the hospital for the results.

The thing is, I had an operation a few years ago and since 2005 I've been in constant pain which is nerve related. I've been told that it's possible there is scar tissue pressing on a nerve. The operation relates to a very sensitive area (I hope you can guess where I'm referring to) and I am in a lot of pain when I sit down and suffering from a great deal of stress because of this...it's kind of like having a wound that won't heal. I was given Gabapentin but this did nothing for the pain. Does anyone know if this type of thing could cause blood pressure to become high??

Any help is appreciated as I'm slowly going nuts! Thanks, Claire x
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 18th, 2008
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm not especially old (32) or overweight (8 and 1/4 stone).
|
Did you find this post helpful?