Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Pain on the Right Abdominal side After a Kidney Stone was Passed

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
Hi, I've been experiencing pain on my right abdomen for a long time now. A month ago I was able to pass a small kidney stone. My KUB showed two more stones (very small ones) on the left side. But until this time I still have the pain in my right abdomen. The pain I'm feeling is from discomfort to severe pain. I also feel that my right side is very heavy. There is no pain at the back side. I also feel a slight pressure on the lower right side of the belly. My doctor don't see anything in the right side. Is there a posibility that I still have a stone on the right? Or could this also be a liver problem?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2011

Hello and thank you for posting your health query on E health Forum.

Based on the history, it seems that from your prior history of renal stones, this could be a recurrance of renal stones.

Pain that originates due to renal issues (Stones, infection) is episodic ,spasmodic or colicky in nature, originating in the flank and radiating to the lower belly, inner thigh or the testicles. It is associated with other symptoms like nausea, vomiting , etc.

You might consider consulting a Urologist for a physical examination and additional evaluations including a CT scan and this will help to initiate necessary treatment.

I hope you find this information useful.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.