Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

pain inside - midway between my arm pit and hip.

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
User Profile
I have pain inside by body in the area of my right side and towards my back - midway between my arm pit and hip. It can be a sharp pain, also causing pain when I take a deep breath. It is especially painful when trying to sleep. I cannnot lay on my back or my right side without pain. I have no pain by touching this area. I am thinking it may be a pinched nerve somewhere, but I am concerned if there is some kind of organ in that area that could be involved.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied November 25th, 2011
Back Pain Answer A28880
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned by the pain in right back region midway between the right hip and armpit.
The reason of your lower right back pain might not be so severe, for an example, continuing wrong way of sleeping, seating, standing or walking for long time may lead you to lower right back pain. Or some severe visceral problem like kidney infection may cause this kind of pain as well. Whatever reason, severe or not if you keep ignoring it and leave it untreated, any kind of lower back pain is severe. So, if your pain doesn’t ease quickly, go consult with a doctor without wasting any more time.
Hope this helps. Take care
Note: This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Back Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.