Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

pain in upper abdomen comes and goes?

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
i have had sharp burning pains in my upper abdomen for about a year now. It comes and goes sometimes i have it and i can go weeks or a month with out it than i have it again. It usually starts when i first get out of bed and lasts for about 15 to 20 mins. I can usually ignore it, but if i sit down it helps. Today I was at work and it hurt so bad i could barley stand or walk. i was in tears and went home. It feels a little better now but feels like there is something there like liquid or something. anyone know what it could be or what i should do? this morning the pain was a 10 now its about a 3 hb
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi bug1128 and welcome to ehealth; When my husband had his gall bladder attacks they would often be after rich food...But, they would really hurt...Don't ignore this...Have it checked out...When he finally had it taken out he was in such pain that they did it the next day....His was at the upper right hand side of his abdomen....Take care...

Caroline
|

replied August 28th, 2011
Experienced User
Pain first thing in the morning would usually indicate something other than a gallbladder problem. Still, you need to get pain of that type checked out.
|