Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Pain in throat and singing

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Around a month ago, I suddenly notice a pain in my throat when I yawned; every time I yawned, I felt a sharp pain in my adam's apple. Now, I'm also in a band, and I do some backup singing, and I also noticed that I was no longer able to hit any notes outside of the octave in which I normally speak. After a week, the pain went away, but my throat has continued to feel strange, and I still have no range whatsoever in my voice.

Should I see an ENT immediately?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 21st, 2009
yes
|

replied July 22nd, 2009
Well, I went yesterday, and Doc believed I had managed to get a pinched nerve in my voicebox (which I'd find strange, but for the fact that I'm the pinched nerve king). He gave me a two week scrip for anti-inflammitories. We'll see how it goes.
|
Quick Reply