Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Pain in stomach when pressed

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
okay i am 16 year old girl, i have almost finsh my gcse`s.. but for 4 weeks i have been feeling sick andreally down because i can hardley do nout without feeling ill and dizzy , everytime i press on my stomache there is a massive pain on eachside and it makes me feel even worse, i have been to doctors and they just say it stress and that , but i havent been stressfull and i am very happy atm , but just this belly ache whcih i keep on getting, do you have any idea what it could be ? or could you help me ???

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 23rd, 2010
Digestive and Bowel Disorders Answer A13477
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned by feeling ill and dizzy for the last 4 weeks along with belly pain on both sides.
The possible causes in your case might be some bug in the gastrointestinal tract like giardia etc. Other possibility might be somatic symptoms due to stress as your doctor pointed out. It is not possible to diagnose online. You must consult your personal physician for definitive diagnosis.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This post is not to emphasise final diagnosis as the same cannot be made online and is aimed just to provide medical information and no treatment suggested above be taken without face to face consultation with health care professional.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.