Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Pain in scrotum after hernia surgery

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
walking makes pain at the top of right scrotum. have to wear the athletic support to walk...
doctor asked me to wear that supporter for a while and be patient.
however, without the supporter, pain just came back and bother me much more than before the surgery.
what can I do?????thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 4th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
This pain can be due to a nerve injury during hernia repair.
|

thank for your kind input..
it can get healed by itself like the surgeon said? should I seek the help from pain management or urologist?
what else I can do? thanks again
|

I'm in the situtation. How long has it been for you? I had my surgery on 8/4/09. I've had plenty of people say to give it more time (6-8 weeks). I haven't read many (if any) success stories for people with this pain. I'm hoping it's because the people who heal with time don't have a need to come back to these boards and report the outcome.

Has anyone heard of many success stories with waiting for it to heal or getting any of the available treatments (physical therapy, nerve block, pain killers or follow-up surgery)???
|

replied September 14th, 2009
it was 2 and half months ago, I started to notice and feel pain after about 1 month. the pain is on the top of my right scrotum. sometime it is not that painful. sometime it does, especially after walk a while...today, it was very painful again.the surgeon asked me to be patient about month ago when I visited him third time for this pain...////
|

replied October 7th, 2009
I had my inguinal mesh and plug repair in june, and I'm sorry to say that even though I've been seen by my attendant physician, surgeon, psychiatrist, advice nurse and er staff from three different hospitals, in excess of 45 times these last 5 months and taking courses or neurotriptylene, gambapentin, and had nerve block injections and am useless wthout taking strong opiate pain releivers like percocet, my ain has, in recent weeks, brought me to new levels, like needing to be putty scraped off of the ceiling!
|