Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cold, Flu and Viral Infections Forum

Pain in right side of back after cough.

Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...
I'm 19 and I had a nasty case of flu which developed into a cough that lasted a month, ever since I've had sharp pains in the right side of my back, under my rib cage almost, it hurts worst when I cough or move.
I should also add that I'm a carer for the elderly and as a result I have quite a physically stressing job. any ideas what this could be.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 27th, 2012
Active User, very eHealthy
Your spine may be shifted to one side because one hip is tighter than the other. To stretch your hips:

1a) "KNEELING LUNGE STRETCH" (Do a Google search)
1b) "STANDING LUNGE STRETCH" (Do a Google search)
- Front leg up on a step of chair will give a better front-of-hip stretch.
1c) "Supine Groin Stretch" (Do a Google search)
- This is the most gentle stretch for your hips but it can take 20 minutes for the muscles to let go.

2) "STANDING SIDE BEND" (Right side stretch)
a) Back up against a wall.
b) Feet are shoulder width apart.
c) Reach your right arm overhead.
d) Side bend to the left.
e) IMPORTANT STEP: Shift hips to the right as you press off the ground with your right leg. This will give a good stretch of your hips and entire side of your body.
|
Did you find this post helpful?