Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Pain in right hip area and urge to go to bathroom

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
I have a pain in my right hip area, it is more of a sharp pain. It also travels to my back and lower abdomen at times. It is not always there, it just comes off and on. I also have a feeling that I have to go to the bathroom all the time (bowel movement). I am not sure what this could be, but I am a little scared.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 4th, 2010
i have exact same symptoms that are stress related.im still trying to figure out whats going on.maybe i.b.s. lately i wake up with lower right back pain that feels like a bad kidney problem, then after moving around it would go away till the next morning.the last two days it hasn't went away.sometimes bowel movements help. morning bowel movement is pretty much normal, but 1 hour later i have the run's.i also feel like i have to go all the time.this really suck's.
|

replied November 13th, 2010
You should seek out medical attention ASAP due to the pain on the right side could possibly be signs and symptoms of a Appendicitis Attack. It can normally start out as flu like IBS symptoms. If not taken care of in a timely manner it can become infected and become gangrenous and that can be life threatening.
|

replied January 24th, 2011
On last straw
I had same problems but much more severe! Pains left and right sides including burning across abdomen lower back so severe I went in emergency thinking I was having kidney failure. 1st time I was scared had bad taste in mouth random pains all-over sides hurting so bad I was convince i was dying from cancer, odd odor, irregular breathing, rash inner thighs circular, weird increase of adrenaline could not sleep 4 days straight, couldn't urinate for 38 hours and severe constipation prior lasting up to month at a time! I got 10 diagnosis not sure I rust them now.I am on ms cotin which caused sever constipation and now IBS but does that explain all symptoms? They are subsided now but IbS giving me daily bowl problems am so low off energy I am in bed all day everyday at 32, my face looks like I am dying, trouble urinating normally and dont now what to do cause my doctor sure its just IBS but so many thing like Vitamin D lowest my doctor has ever seen in life or books. I was on oxi for years with just mild constipation so should I ask pain doctor to switch? And new symptom past week is rash on back of my neck, does any off this make since to anyone? I am so stressed,tired, scared, phobic, extreme depression on top of aggravation (Rude,Mean, even hateful at times and anxiety I always had but is just so severe and in Wv they dont had out the meds no matter how bad it is, and am ready to give up. If you have ideas pls give?
|

replied February 12th, 2013
Long term left hip pain and constipation
Similar to the complaints here I experienced lower left side pain in hip area with relief after bowel movement. Constipation created substantial pain until relieved (5 on a scale of 10) - Who I am. - 60 year old male with increasing joint pain over 40 years plus. Tested numerous times for rheumatoid arthritis but tests always negative. Diagnosis of Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis (Doctors see bone spurs growing everywhere but cannot identify a reason). Chronic alternating bouts of constipation and diarrhea. Recurring frequent headaches since mid teens. Recurring kidney stones start in early 40's (approximately one 15 mm stone annually). Blood found in urine even when stones not present but no definitive cause identified. Lower back, and hip pain continued to increase over time. Range of motion in neck dramatically limited by age 45. Spine flexibility similarly limited by age 45. Pain levels continue to worsen over time, accepted it was simply part of aging process and must learn to live with it. Used Motrin occasionally and Percocet once every couple of months, otherwise just lived with pain. Jan 1, 2012 while traveling awoke with double vision. Go to ER and after workup for stroke/tumor was sent home with prescription for Percocet and diagnosis of Atypical Migraine but did not complain of headache pain during ER visit. Instructed to followup with Neurologist. Neurologist diagnosed Sixth Nerve Palsy as cause of double vision. Upon returning home followed up with Primary Care. Ordered much lab work, many duplicates of ER Lab Work. Lab Work ordered by Primary Care tested positive for parasite infection with Babesia (WA1). Primary Care started treatment with Mepron, Septre and Biaxin. Within three days vision started to improve, neck, lower back and joint pain dramatically reduced. Long term moodiness and grumpiness dramatically reduced. Physical ability to stand erect prior to treatment initiation required grasping bureau by bed to pull up in mornings. On third day I stood up without either pulling up on bureau or pushing off bed with hands. Reported to Primary Care on followup that I was happy for first time in over 40 years. (Primary Care suspected recent exposure to Babesia via Deer Tick bite as cause of infection however I do remember a circular rash on stomach when about 14 years a few days after returning from camping trip. The rash co-incides with a change in academic performance and shift to brooding personality which at the time was attributed to typical behavior changes that occur in adolescents.)

Not enough time has elapsed to determine if kidney stone issue is resolved. Hypertension meds stopped (Amlodipine 5 mG) and Lisinopril 20 mG (reduced to 10 mG)/ Previous blood pressure normally 125-130/80-90 with higher levels of medication. Post Babesia treatment blood pressure on reduced hypertension meds typically 100-105/60-65.

This obviously is not a one size fits all but I suspect this bug had been a mischief maker long term. It is another rock to turn over if all else fails.
|