Medical Questions > Mens Health > Penis Forum

Pain in penis

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have had a condition for some time now. It's a long story and yes I have gone to many doctors, I believe I can be helped but I need to go in the right direction.
Starting in '99 and lasting to about '02 I had constant pain in my penis, ranging from an URGENT feeling of needing to urinate, to a sharp burning feeling to both. I remember that it started to hurt in earnest after masturbation. I was treated for UTI, prostatitis, took anitbacterial drugs,
had an MRI, Cat scans, and nothing was found.
Before this started and lasting through most of the period I continually battled with constipation.
I turned to laxatives to relieve my continual constipation, (yes it was stupid)
I also found that there was an unexpected side effect to not straining to have a bowel movement, my pain was relieved. For the next few years, up until last month, I took laxatives every few days. Occasionally, my pain would return for a brief period and disappear. Now that I have stopped taking laxatives, it has returned, and I am convinced there is a connection.
Masturbation definitely affects my pain, it can be at a very low level, but after ejaculation, (in which I feel a burn during ejaculation) my pain will intensify for short periods that are becoming longer and longer. After ejaculating yesterday evening I am still in pretty intense pain.
This is not in my head. I am certain that it is a referred pain, but from where?
Please help I know I cannot be the only person that has experienced this.
Thank you Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|