Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

pain in my right hand for 3mths is that a sign?

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
User Profile
i been having pain in my right hand for 3mths cant close it tight like my left sometimes travel in my arm is that a sign of a heart attack also i saw blood in stool once

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2011
Heart Disease and Heart Attack Answer A25368
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum. I am glad to help you out. The few possibilities which I can think of in your case is a muscle strain. This commonly occurs due to the overstretching of the muscle tissue resulting in the damage to the small blood vessels. Using some OTC painkiller for a few days and rest should help improve the symptoms. Patients with diabetes can also present such pains and hence it makes sense to get the blood sugar & HbA1c done to rule out diabetes.

An injury to the brachial plexus which is a bundle of the nerves and supplies the upper limb can cause these problems. This also needs to be ruled out. Sleeping on the right arm can also present with similar complaints and thus needs to be avoided.

I’ll suggest consulting a neurologist as you might need further investigations like Nerve conduction velocity to look for any abnormalities in the nerves. I sincerely hope this information helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.