Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

pain in my lower right side of my stomach and back?

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I have been having mood swings for a couple of weeks now and having pain in my lower right side of my stomach and back. I had a full hysterectomy last year and my gallbladder removed in 2007. What could it be.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 21st, 2012
Especially eHealthy
briena,

Without an evaluation, it is difficult to tell you exactly what is causing your problems.

In the lower right quadrant, you always have to worry about the appendix. But, there are other things that could be causing problems. Since you have had abdominal surgery, it could be that you are having problems with intra-abdominal adhesions (a type of scar tissue). Problems with the colon could also be causing your discomfort. You could be having problems with your kidneys or the ureters (the tubes that connect the kidneys to the bladder). You could also be having problems with the muscles of the trunk and lower back.

There are just so many different things that could be causing you problems.

If you continue to have problems, you might need to see your physician.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?