Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

pain in lower left part of stomach, have sticky stool...

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
I have pain in lower left part of stomach, have sticky stool, and some mucus like formation on left side of my mouth. All the above are present since 1 year. Have done endoscopy everything is normal. Checked for oral cancer twice since had irritation on my left side of mouth but doctor said nothing like cancer. Have pain starting in lower left side of stomach to left limb like vibrations going through nerves. I feel like one or two teeth are loosen at the same place where the irritation is caused. Taking medicine for heart CLOPIVAS AP 75 and ATORVA 5 mg. I am scared like hell as my dad died of oral cancer had had same symptoms. I am also physically handicapped and have Right limb shorter for 1 1/2". so I have to stand on my left limb which increases the pain. I was chewing tobacco but left having it for almost 1 1/2" year.
Please help me.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied March 9th, 2012
Abdominal Pain Answer A32582
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

Some amount of mucus is always present in stool. Mucus can be due to internal hemorrhoid or it can also be due to amoebiasis (if you feel an urge to pass stool) which is an infection. It is effectively treated with metronidazole and tinidazole. You should get your stool examined for this infection. At times a hemorrhoid is associated with fissure and this too can be a cause. Inflammatory bowel conditions such as IBS, Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis too can cause mucus in stool. These can be diagnosed by colonoscopy as well as endoscopy (this you had).

If you have irritation and mucus in mouth, it could be due to giving up tobacco chewing. However, it can also be due to acid reflux despite a normal endoscopy. I suggest you take a second opinion from a gastroenterologist and start omeprazole for this. Also, consult the GI doctor regarding the other possibilities. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.