Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > TMJ Forum

Pain in front of ear

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I am getting frequent pain infront of my ear on the left side where the jaw joint is, sometimes it is excruciating and sharp and sometimes it's dull n nagging it seems to be worse when chewing on food or laying on it - is this more likely to be a tooth problem or a jaw problem?

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 10th, 2009
In order to rule out any problems with TMJ I would look for a doctor who treats tmj and even a 2nd opinion. It is not something to put off because it may be causing more damage then not. I have been through everything including total joint replacements and anything that can be taken care without surgery would be a positive for you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply