Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

Pain in foot after wearing flats

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi everyone,

A little more than two weeks ago, I made the mistake of wearing flats to work. I work as a nursing assistant, so I'm running around and on my feet for 8-8 1/2 hours a day. About 2 hours into work, my feet started hurting. Immediately upon coming home, I took the shoes off. However the pain in my left foot has persisted. It gets so bad at night that I can't sleep, because if I turn a certain way, the resulting pain wakes me up. Range of motion is very painful, and I can't turn my foot all the way to the right because of the pain. Since that day, I've been sneakers that have good support, so I know it's not due to continued irritation.

I would just like to know what's going on and how I can fix it.

Thank you!
Megan
Did you find this post helpful?
|