Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Pain in chest and jaw line running down to left arm

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
My wife is a 28 yr old female with a pain in her sternum area along with a sharp pain in her left jaw line running down through her left arm to her fingers. She has a history of MVP (Mitral Valve Prolapse) and lupus, but she has never shown these symptoms before. She told me that it has been going on for a couple of days but is really beginning to bother her now. As a Emergency Care Attendant, my first thought was Possible heart attack, but i would think that the symptoms would have gotten significantly worse or better over the past three days. If anybody has any ideas that they can run by me so i know what to do please write me. Thank you for your time.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 28th, 2011
One more thing that i forgot to add in is that she has very low blood pressure on normal days, around 100/60. Recently it has raised to a more normal BP of 125/ 75. I don't know if this has anything to do with this or is just coincidence.
|
Did you find this post helpful?