Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Pain in back, in rib cage, on both sides.

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
Hi. Im a 42 yr old female. I started having pain in my back on both sides at the level of my rib cage. Runs from just below my shoulder blades to hips but does no radiate into my shoulder blades or hips. I felt it for a short time late this morning and it started up again about an hr ago. I'd say it's equal pain on both sides. Its not a stabbing pain but more of bad ache. Its only mildly affected by a deep breath but is worse with movement. What could it be caused by. Also, I no longer have my gallbladder so I know it's not that. Thanks! Sue
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 17th, 2013
Moderator & Greeter
Hi Sue. You can try submitting your question to eHealthForum's Ask A Doctor Network (see the link to the right). You can take the info culled there to your doctor. Either way, its sounds like you need a consultation with your healthcare provider. Good luck!
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2013
When someone is suffering from #back #pain, the first step is to find the cause of the #pain. If it is due to overweight then try to reduce your weight. It can be due to some injury in your back bone. For such kind of back pain treatment is acupuncture, yogic exercises.
However find out the cause first and then start treatment.
|