Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Pain in abdomen near belly button

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I have a strange dull ache pain (feels kind of like a bruise when pressed on) that's in the same place (if not slightly above) my belly button. About two weeks ago, I gave up eating gluten because I noticed that I was getting lots of severe gas pains after eating wheat-based foods like bread and crackers. Also recently I've put on some weight and my jeans are tight in the waist (right where the pain near my belly button is located). I was thinking that maybe I "bruised" my skin by wearing too tight jeans but there is no skin discoloration present. Then I started wondering if there was an organ in that area that could be the culprit. I would go to my doctor to get tested but I have lousy insurance which means I'd have to pay the cash price which I cannot afford at this point. Any ideas you might have would be appreciated. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 7th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
You might have a UTI (urinary tract infection). I've had this in the past and had pain above my belly button as you described, I was also using the toilet a lot (sorry if it's tmi).

You might have to go and see your doctor to get a course of antibiotics. Apparently drinking Cranberry juice can help whether it's true or not I don't know.

Hope this help. All the best. Take Care
|
Did you find this post helpful?