Medical Questions > Mens Health > Prostate Forum

Pain in Abdomen and Groin

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
Started Feb 6. 2012. Day after working out or after 4-5 hours of sitting at work, I get excruciating pain about a centimeter below my belly button. Is worst when sitting, better if standing, best if laying down. Day or two after it first starts pain reduces but extends to groin, right testicle, and area between right testicle and right leg. Goes away after 4-5 days of bed rest and ice packs. But, flares up again if work out again or go to work. This is ruining my life because I can't work, I can't go into the office and sit at work and I can't do my part time job which is teaching at a gym. Had two CT scans of kidneys and abdomen (one with contrast, one without), MRI of lower back, and ultrasound of abdomen and kidneys. These various imaging tests showed enlarged prostrate, kidney stones (but not big enough to cause pain), herniated disc at L5/S1, and cyst on my right kidney. This has been going on for two months now and I am at the end of my rope and my doctor can't seem to figure out what is causing the pain. Doctor did prescribe antibiotics for two weeks for prostatitits, but it did not help. The pain can be excruciating when it flares up. Flares up like I said after working out, lifting heavy objects, or sitting in a chair for more than 4 hours. CT scan, ultrasound, and MRI did not show any hernia, but I have read that CT scans can miss hernia. I am not having any urinary problems though CT scan does show enlarged prostrate. Only symptom is excruciating pain in near belly button, groin, and right testicle and area between right testicle and right leg.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 8th, 2012
I am having the same exact symptoms. Checked three times + ultrasound for hernia, nothing. Did you get this resolved?
|
Did you find this post helpful?