Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

pain feels like its on the bone?

User Profile
im not sure if im being paranoid or over cautious, but heres my symptoms, for the past few years theres been a part of my leg just the side of my knee where ive had a dull pian that comes and goes, prob over the last 6 years, recemtly its happening more often and more pianfull, over the last 2 weeks ive been experiancing lower back pain but more towards the right side, and goes towards my upper buttox, but pain feels like its on the bone, im also getting hip pain and down the front of my thigh, and can feel abit like sciatica ( as i had this in my pregancy) but hasnt affected me in the same way, as i can still lift my leg, but the pain feels pretty deep. im not sure if these are related (also my youngest is now a year old, dont normlly suffer from backache and havent had any problem during pregnancy, so i feel its not related to that) the pain i get feels like it from the bone, its not too painful, but is uncomfortable,i cant think of any injury ive done to have caused it.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2011
Bone Cancer Answer A25659

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. Your concern is regarding the radiating pain that you are having in the leg and side of thigh. There are two things which I can think of. Firstly, such pain and tingling are quite common in hands and especially thumb in patients of Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome.

Second possibility is of sciatica which is characterized by pain radiating downward from the buttock over the posterior or lateral side of the lower limb.

Various investigations like MRI, electromyography, nerve conduction tests and nerve biopsy may be needed to confirm a diagnosis.

I sincerely advise you to consult a neurologist and discuss this with him. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.