Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Pain Everyday Since Gallbladder Surgery, What Could it be?

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I understand that they only way to get a true answer is threw a physician but I am curious if anyone can possibly identify what might be wrong with me.

In early April I had my gallbladder removed after finding out through an ultrasound that I had a large gallstone.

I had the laparoscopic surgery preformed on me shortly after finding the gallstone and have been increasingly getting sicker ever since. I was told the surgery went well but everyday I feel weak and sick to the stomach and every night I wake up with severe upper-middle abdominal pain since the surgery six weeks ago.

Since the pain is so severe I have undergone ten blood tests, several urine tests, multible pregnancy tests, three ultrasounds, an endoscopy, three stool culture tests, trials of many medications and countless doctor and hospital visits. These tests found nothing abnormal enough for the doctors I've seen to help me.

I recently spent five days in a big hospital about an hour away from where I live to receive treatment for the pain but was ultimately left with no clear answers and scheduled for more tests to be done on an out-patient basis. I have become very frustrated that my pain has been unanswered and only morphine could calm it down.

During testing the only odd things that they have found (but failed to follow up on) are: an elevated white blood cell level signally some sort of irritation, a "rough" looking liver from what was seen in the ultrasound, a metal clip from the gallbladder surgery that has somehow ended up in my pelvic area(which scares me because I'm allergic to some metals and it's just generally creepy), a thirty pound rapid weight gain, stool backed up somewhat although I am not constipated and finally, an unsual amount of bile sitting in my intestine.

I'm unsure if these complications are any to worry about but I am discouraged that this surgery has made me so sick and no doctor seems to have an answer yet. I can't live my life in this much pain and I can't help but wonder if my surgeon made a mistake. I would really appreciate your thoughts on my condition.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2011
You might want to look at the following article:

http://doctorwascher.com/Archives/10-18-09 .htm

Sincerely,

Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

Author, "A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race"

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.